Friday, April 20, 2012

Just the two of us...

Over Easter, Aaron and I decided to go on our first and LAST vacation ALONE together!  Since we get Good Friday and the Monday after Easter off work, we took a quick trip to Sunshine Coast, Australia.

Flew into Brisbane on Thursday night - just a 3 hour direct flight from Dunedin.


This was our view from the Grand Chancellor Hotel in Brisbane.
It reminded me a bit of Austin with the river thru the city and rolling hills in the back ground.

That morning, we woke up and drove directly to Caloundra - where our apartment was located.  Little beach town off Sunshine Coast about 2 hours North of Brisbane. A little bit dated, but me and aaron didn't care. We just wanted to relax.  The town was situated on an estuary so it was different than what I was used to growing up and taking trips to Florida where you step out of the condo onto white beaches. But it was cute with the kids catching fish in the river and then seeing the ocean so close by. I wish I had taken a picture to show you guys exactly what it looks like.  Aaron and I ate at a cafe by the ocean/river and just people watched that day.  Later that night, since it was Good Friday, we ate at our resort for dinner and had an early night.


The next two days, we drove north to various beaches along the coast.
Mooloolaba Beach



Mooloolaba Beach

The Beached Whale!



Noosa Heads Beach




Noosaville


Boardwalk of Noosaville.


Last morning at the coast... Aaron never so happy as when he has his paper and the coffee



Back to Brisbane for one last night, Aaron and I sat at a German Beer Bar on the edge of the Brisbane River.






So happy that me and aaron had one more get-away before the Mini invades our lives!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun trip :) Good beer choice with the Asahi ;)

    ReplyDelete